His tenure was brief, as his frail health forced him to retire early. He died April 12, 1927. On April 29, or 17 days later, his fellow retired Justice, Florentino Torres, also died. They were both given necrological services by the Supreme Court.
It was in year 1918 when the Chamber of Commerce and the school itself finally acquired a piece of land along Iznart Street, which is now a remnant of her laurels and glories. With the help of these two institutions, the school was established permanently with a stronghold of optimism that “this school” would find her place at the summit of excellence. In 1927, alterations of her name went into different waves. She was called “Primary Commercial School”, and later became “Iloilo Central Commercial High School”.
***The oldest Filipino-Chinese School in the Philippines is
Philippine Tiong Se Academy in Binondo, Manila established in 1899